Koko-en Historical Design and Location for Filming.
Koko-en Garden, with it's traditional Japanese Garden design, serves as a perfect outdoor movies-set with tiled roofs which remind us the row of samurai houses which were once located here create a grand visual experience.Thus, Koko-en has often been used as a filming location for Japanese dramas and international movies.
- Abarenbo Shogun series (TV drama)
- Mito Komon series (TV drama)
- Keishi Otomo's film "Rurouni Kenshin" (2012)
- Keishi Otomo's film "Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno / The Legend Ends" (2014)
- Aishwarya R. Dhanush's film "Vai Raja Vai" (2014)
- Masato Harada's film "Sekigahara" (2017)